To remain on top in an increasingly competitive world, organizations must boost operational efficiency wherever possible. It’s particularly important for small to medium size businesses to operate efficiently, because they often have limited resources compared to larger organizations.
The following are a few tips to help your organization increase efficiency, reduce costs, improve customer satisfaction, and stay ahead of the competition.
- Culture: To create efficiency in any organization you first must have a solid culture. Like them or not take a look at the New England Patriots. They have a solid culture, a culture that everyone buys into. Part of this culture is next man up, someone goes down, someone steps up and the team doesn’t miss a beat. Bill Belichick’s moto is; do your job! When everyone does their job, it makes the team stronger and they win! No organization or sporting team can be this consistent without having a strong culture.
- Time Management: I can’t say how many times I have heard “I just don’t have enough time.” Well, we all have the same amount of time, it’s how we utilize this time that is the difference in making things happen consistently. Get conscious on the value of your time, measure where your time is being spent, find where you can dump or delegate and identify the WIN (What’s Important Now) formula to find what’s going to present you the highest ROI of your time.
- Create Effective Systems: Systems stand for Saving Yourself Stress Time Energy and Money. Many smaller businesses usually fail to implement systems under the false premise that they don’t have the time to do so. However, how much is it costing this business by not having this system in place? A system is essentially an investment that consistently saves you time and money and continues to pay dividends as long as it’s being utilized. The structure is what you need to run an effective organization and the systems are the backbone that creates that structure.
- Communication: Communication is the ingredient that will keep your organization running smoothly. However, lack of communication is usually the downfall of many organizations. Effective communication between employees, partners, suppliers, and customers is a sure-fire way to keep your organization running efficiency.
- Take care of the Team: Your team is the glue that keeps your organization running effectively. Your job as a leader is to simply take care of this team. Take care of your team – they will take care of your customer – your customer will be happy, come back more often, spend more money and tell their friends. This will deliver the organization the increase revenues and profits of which you are all wanting more of.
These are just a few tips on how to increase your company efficiencies to create more synergy, revenues, and profits. Put them in place, master them and you’ll have an efficient running successful organization.